FREE LOCAL DELIVERY $75+
Try This at Home: Strawberry Compote
We are very excited to be releasing our Strawberries and Cream Ice Cream tomorrow, so we're making a yummy Strawberry Compote out of fresh strawberries to pair with our ice cream. This recipe is quick and simple, and only requires 2 ingredients; you can also skip the added sugar for a lower sugar option!
What you'll need:
- 4 cups of strawberries
- 1/4 cup of sugar
What to do:
- Wash and cut strawberries in half (or roughly chop)
- Combine berries and sugar in saucepan
- Stir over medium-heat - it helps if you crush a few berries to get some extra juice
- Keep stirring over heat for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until desired thickness is reached
- Optional: When your sauce is cooled you can blend 1/2 of the sauce in a blender until it's smooth, and add it to the remaining sauce - or leave the sauce as is with big pieces of berries! Yum!
- Serve with any ice cream - we like it with our Strawberries and Cream ice cream