Pre-Order for Pick-Up at the Uptown Waterloo Scoop Shop.
Wicked Wednesday: Hot Toddy
It's that time of year when everyone we know seems to be catching the same bug. All we can do is offer them remedies and hope to cheer them up. Our suggestion? Make them a hot toddy... with ice cream!
Here's what you need to make it:
- 2 ounces of Dixon's (Guelph, ON) whiskey
- 1 ounce of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 ounces of hot water
- 2 Tbsp of Nith Valley Apiaries (New Hamburg, ON) honey
- Cinnamon sticks and whole cloves (can get it bulk at Full Circle Foods, Downtown Kitchener)
- 2 lemon slices (we grabbed Meyer lemons from Legacy Greens)
- 1 scoop of our Cream of Earl Grey & Honey ice cream
What to do with it all:
- Place the honey, lemon juice, hot water, and cloves into a heat resistant glass.
- Put your scoop of ice cream, lemon slices and cinnamon stick on top.
- Turn your sick pal into a happy human again!
Watch for another ice cream cocktail made with #fourallicecream next #WickedWednesday on the blog!