FREE LOCAL DELIVERY $75+
Try This At Home: Vegan + GF Brownie Ice Cream Sammies
Brownie ice cream sammies are a classic treat and everyone should get to enjoy them! This week's #TryThisAtHome has a Vegan & Gluten-Free brownie recipe to pair with our April flavour of Coconut Cashew Brittle.
What you need:
- 1 healthy scoop of our Vegan & gluten-free Coconut Cashew Brittle ice cream
For the brownies:
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- 1/4 cup almond meal
For the caramel sauce:
- 1 cup of organic cane sugar
- 2 Tbsp of coconut cream
What to do with all this goodness:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with coconut oil, then line with parchment paper
- Prepare flax eggs in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add melted coconut oil, cane sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine and start dissolving the sugar. Add flax eggs and whisk once more until combined. Then add baking powder, sea salt, and cocoa powder and whisk. Add gluten-free flour blend and almond meal and fold with a spatula until just mixed.
- Add the batter to the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer with spatula.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes, or until the edges appear dry and slightly fluffy and the center is no longer wet or sticky.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Gently lift out of pan and use a sharp knife to cut into squares
- Make your vegan caramel sauce: add sugar to a small pot on medium heat until melted and golden brown, then slowly mix in the coconut cream (add more for a thinner consistency).
- Place your scoop of ice cream between two brownies, then add the caramel sauce on top. Let freeze for 10 minutes then enjoy!