Pre-Order for Pick-Up at the Uptown Waterloo Scoop Shop.
Try This At Home Tuesday: Gluten-Free Waffle Sammies
An ice cream sammie is just about the perfect treat. We've made it even better by putting our MadCat Espresso ice cream between two GF Waffles.
Here's what you need to make 4-6 Gluten-Free Waffle Ice Cream Sammies:
- 1 scoop of our MadCat Esspresso ice cream for each pair of waffles
- Local maple syrup to drizzle on top
For the waffles:
- 1.5 cups of rolled oats
- 5 tablespoons of coconut oil (you can also use butter)
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
What to do:
- Make an oat flour by blending the rolled oats in the blender until fine
- Mix together the dry ingredients
- Mix together the wet ingredients
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes and the mix will thicken
- Pour the batter into a waffle maker and remove when browned (if you don't have a waffle maker, you can use the batter to make pancakes instead!)
- Let the waffles cool then put your scoop of ice cream in between and put the sammie in the freezer for 1 hour
- Take it out of the freezer to enjoy with some local maple syrup on top!
See you next week for another #TryThisAtHomeTuesday recipe on the blog using #fourallicecream!