Tasty Tip: Inutak & Ice Cream
Our new holiday flavours are inspired by holiday desserts of different cultures around the world this year! To celebrate that, we made Inutak - a layered rice cake dessert enjoyed in the Philippines. It's easy to make and tastes wonderful with our Coconut Cardamom Sorbet on top!
What you need:
- 2 cups glutinous rice flour
- ¼ cups purple yam powder
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- ½ cup coconut cream
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Scoops of our Coconut Cardamom Sorbet
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Combine the glutinous rice flour, sugar, salt, and coconut milk in a mixing bowl and mix together until there are no lumps
- Divide the mixture into two equal portions
- In one portion mix the purple yam powder (add some purple food colour to get a deeper purple colour if you want)
- Pour the mixtures into two separate non-stick pans and cook while continuously mixing until it becomes a very thick consistency, oily and smooth
- Pour purple mixture first in a baking pan lined with parchment (or banana leaf if you can find some!) then add the white mixture. Press to flatten and even out.
- Pour the coconut cream on top then bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes then increase the heat to 230 degrees - set to broil to cook until top is golden brown
- Let it cool then serve with ice cream on top!