Pre-Order for Pick-Up at the Uptown Waterloo Scoop Shop.
Try This At Home: Ice Cream Truffles
You know what you need on this rainy Tuesday evening? Truffles. Ice cream truffles. This is a simple recipe to turn tiny scoops of our ice cream into marvels of decedent desserts.
What you need:
- a melon baller or small scoop
- a cookie tray and parchment paper
- an assortment of toppings (such as shredded coconut, sea salt, maple sugar, crushed nuts, etc.)
- 4 scoops of Four All Ice Cream (we used four different flavours: Peach Crumble, Cookies & Cream, Grape Sorbet, and Chocolate Milk)
- paper baking cups
- 2 cups of melted chocolate
First, set your cookie tray lined with parchment paper into the freezer for 10 minutes. Take your melon baller and scoop tiny balls of ice cream from your pints onto the tray then put it back into the freezer for 30 minutes.
While your ice cream balls are freezing, melt your chocolate using a double boiler (a small pot of water with a metal bowl on top) on the stove. Take out the ice cream balls and dip them into the chocolate quickly or pour it over top using a spoon. Add your toppings on top of the balls before the chocolate cools, then place them back into the freezer for another 30 minutes.
Place your finished ice cream truffles into your baking cups and enjoy them like fancy chocolates!
Come back next #TryThisAtHome Tuesday for another great recipe idea using #FourAllIceCream!