Pre-Order for Pick-Up at the Uptown Waterloo Scoop Shop.
Try This At Home: Toasted Tortoise Split
Yesterday was World Turtle Day which means we just have to build a Toasted Tortoise Split, our famous banana split recipe with toasted nuts and our Chocolate Tortoise Ice Cream.
What you need:
- Ice cream (we recommend our Chocolate Tortoise Ice Cream for at least 1 scoop)
- 1 banana
- Chocolate syrup
For toasted nuts:
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne
What to do: Toasted Walnuts
- In a non-stick pan, add nuts, honey or maple syrup, and oil. Coat nuts over medium heat
- Sprinkle salt and spices over nuts and toast until golden brown (2-3 minutes)
- Transfer to plate or baking sheet to cool.
What to do: Split
- Cut banana in half lengthwise and place in bowl
- Scoop ice cream in between banana slices
- Add nuts and top with chocolate syrup!