Pre-Order for Pick-Up at the Uptown Waterloo Scoop Shop.
Try This At Home: Lemon Ice Cream Bars
These Lemon Ice Cream Bars are making our spring dreams come true. With blueberry jam, a shortbread crust, and our Lavender Honey Ice Cream, you will love this at your next patio party!
Created by Emma McCabe
Time: 40 min + overnight freezing
To make it vegan, swap out the ice cream to use any of our vegan flavours of ice cream (we recommend our Raspberry Lemon Ice Cream). Use vegan butter or margarine and plant-based milk.
What you need:
- 5 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/3 cup milk
- Zest of two lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup blueberry jam
- A tub of our Lavender Honey Ice Cream
What to Do:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and line two 8x8 baking pans with parchment paper.
- Stir together the flour and powdered sugar in a stand mixer, then add the softened butter, milk, vanilla and lemon zest. Mix again.
- Spoon half of the dough into each prepared pan and using your hands or a spatula, flatten the dough. Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Once it is finished baking, let cool for 10 minutes, then place the cookies carefully onto a cutting board.
- Spread the blueberry jam across one of the cookie bases. Place in the freezer to freeze overnight. In the meantime, using the same pan used for the cookie base, line with plastic wrap and scoop the slightly softened ice cream into the pan, spreading an even layer about 1 inch thick. Place into the freezer to freeze overnight.
- Place the blueberry jam covered cookie base onto a serving plate, top with the ice cream layer, and then the top cookie. Slice into squares, and serve! Enjoy!