Pre-Order for Pick-Up at the Uptown Waterloo Scoop Shop.
Chocolate Orange Hazelnut Pie
Nutty & sweet, here is the ultimate dessert for holiday gatherings with friends and family!
Time: 40 min + freezing time
- ⅔ cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (substitute GF flour if that's your thing)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tbsp icing sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 jars of Four All's Vegan Orange Chocolate Ice Cream, softened in fridge
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips, melted (optional)
- Orange slices (optional)
How to Make:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. In a blender or food processor, blend the hazelnuts until they are a fluffy crumb texture.
2. Add the flour, cinnamon, icing sugar, and salt to the blender and pulse until mixed. Add in the coconut oil and pulse again until it forms a rough dough.
3. Spray a pie tin or pan with a removable bottom with extra coconut oil. Press the dough so that the bottom of the pan is covered in an even layer and the sides have a low crust as well.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until slightly brown.
4. Let the crust cool while preparing the ice cream. In a large bowl mix the two jars of ice cream together until they are softened. This will make it easier to spread into the crust. Once the ice cream is slightly softened, spread it onto the crust in an even layer. Freeze for 2-4 hours or until fully frozen.
5. Before serving top with orange slices or a drizzle of melted chocolate. Enjoy!