Pre-Order for Pick-Up at the Uptown Waterloo Scoop Shop.
Try This At Home: St. Patrick's Day Crepes with Ice Cream
Get into the St. Patrick’s Day spirit with these delicious matcha crepes topped with ice cream and cookies!
Created by: Emma McCabe
*Vegan Option: These crepes are already made without eggs or milk. Use our Pina Colada or Coco Caramel Chip vegan ice cream.
What you will need:
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups oat milk
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2-4 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp matcha powder (if you don't like matcha, you can use green food colouring)
- Cookies (we used gingersnap cookies)
- White chocolate
- Green candy
- Gold coins
- Four All ice cream (we used vanilla)
How to make:
1. Whisk together the flour, vanilla, sugar, matcha powder, coconut oil, and milk. It's okay for the batter to have a few small lumps in it. The batter should be thinner than pancake batter.
2. Warm a non-stick pan on medium/high heat and melt about a teaspoon of coconut oil on the pan. Scoop 1/2 cup of batter onto pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Repeat until batter is gone.
3. While the crepes are still warm, roll them up and place them on a plate. Top the crepes with a scoop of Four All ice cream. Use any toppings you would like to create a St. Patrick's Day themed dessert! We dipped cookies in melted white chocolate (dyed green) and used green candy and gold coins to decorate the crepes.
4. Enjoy, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!