Pre-Order for Pick-Up at the Uptown Waterloo Scoop Shop.
Try This At Home: Hokey Pokey Pops
Hokey Pokey Pops! In other words, sweet sponge toffee pops! Little known fact, sponge toffee is sometimes called "Hokey Pokey", mostly around Australia and New Zealand (and here at Four All)! No matter what you call them these easy pops are sure to satisfy your sweet tooth.
What you need:
- 1 jar of our Hokey Pokey Ice Cream, softened
- 2 large popsicle sticks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda, sifted
What to do:
- Line 9-inch square cake pan with buttered foil making sure the foil extends past the sides of the pan
- Combine sugar, corn syrup and vinegar in large saucepan.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves. Continue cooking without stirring until 300°F, about 18 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Immediately add baking soda and stir until well combined (mixture will foam vigorously).
- Immediately pour the mixture into prepared pan. Cool completely
- Break into pieces
- Line another 9-inch pan with parchment paper
- Spread your softened ice cream in the prepared pan
- Freeze for at least 2-3 hours
- Cut the ice cream in squares and insert large popsicle sticks into the sides
- Cover in sponge toffee and freeze for 15 minutes