Brownies and ice cream? The only way to make that combo even better is to add a holiday sprinkle. These vegan and gluten-free brownie trees are a must-have this holiday season!
What you need:
- 2 flax eggs (2 Tbsp flaxseed meal + 5 Tbsp water)
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour
- 2 scoops of your favourite holiday ice cream
- Icing and candy canes!
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and lightly grease an 8x8-inch baking dish with coconut oil, then line with parchment paper
- Prepare flax eggs in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add melted coconut oil, cane sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine and start dissolving the sugar. Add flax eggs and whisk once more until combined.
- Then add baking powder, sea salt, and cocoa powder and whisk.
- Add gluten-free flour blend and almond meal and fold with a spatula until just mixed.
- Add the batter to the prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer with spatula.
- Bake for 17-22 minutes, or until the edges appear dry and slightly fluffy and the center is no longer wet or sticky.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for 45 minutes - 1 hour
- Cut into triangles and decorate with icing and candy canes
- Pair on a plate with scoops of ice cream