Pre-Order for Pick-Up at the Uptown Waterloo Scoop Shop.
Try This At Home: Cookie Skillet Sundae
Cast iron skillets are a great multi-purpose kitchen tool. And are the perfect way to bake up this massive Chocolate Chip Cookie Sundae. To make this beauty press your favourite chocolate chip cookie recipe into a cast iron skillet, bake, slice and top with Four All Ice Cream.
To make our favourite cookie recipe you'll need.
- 2 cups flour (can substitute 1:1 Gluten-free flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1.5 cups chocolate chips
- Four All Ice Cream, any flavour!
- Sundae toppings like sprinkles, fudge sauce; anything you want really!
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9-inch cast iron skillet with butter.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together in a small bowl . Set aside
- Whisk butter and sugars together until well combined. Mix in egg, egg yolk and vanilla until completely uniform. Mix in dry ingredients with wooden spoon until combined. Stir in chocolate chips as well.
- Press cookie dough into prepared cast iron skillet
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes in a preheated oven, until surface is firm, golden-brown and edges are toasted and crackly.
- Set entire pan on wire rack to cool for ~10 minutes before slicing into wedges and topping with ice cream and sundae fixings.