Pre-Order for Pick-Up at the Uptown Waterloo Scoop Shop.
Wicked Wednesday: Spiked Strawberry Lemonade
Introducing Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet! This Wicked Wednesday we toast the arrival of a delicious new sorbet with glasses of Spiked Strawberry Lemonade! Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet is made with fresh Ontario strawberries and is the perfect refresher for sizzling summer days!
Spiked Strawberry Lemonade Ingredients
- 8-10 lemons
- 2 cups of strawberries – quartered
- A cube of our new Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet
- Yongehurst Liberties Vodka
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
To create a fresh Strawberry Lemonade we made an old-fashioned Lemonade recipe, but instead of adding simple syrup to lemon juice we added a simple strawberry syrup.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and strawberries with 2 cups of water. Bring to boil and stir to dissolve sugar.
- Strain out large strawberry pieces and allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- While your strawberry syrup is chilling juice 8-10 lemons and combine with 5 cups of cold water.
- Combine syrup and lemon juice in pitcher and add a few shots of vodka to booze it up!
- Poor the finished lemonade over a few scoops of Strawberry Lemonade sorbet and sip your way into summer!