Pre-Order for Pick-Up at the Uptown Waterloo Scoop Shop.
Try This At Home: Ice Cream Banana Bread
Looking for a recipe to use up those bananas sitting on your kitchen counter? How about combining two of the best desserts: banana bread and ice cream to create an all new ice cream banana bread cake!
Use your favourite banana bread recipe or give this one a try!
Ice Cream Banana Bread
Time: 3 hours (including freezing time)
*This can be made vegan by using one of Four All’s vegan flavours. This can be made gluten free by using gluten free flour instead of all-purpose flour and reduce the maple syrup to 240ml.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100ml milk of your choice
- 200ml sunflower oil
- 4 flax eggs (4 tbsp ground flax seed and 12 tbsp water)
- 300ml maple syrup
- 6 ripe bananas
- 4 cups of Four All’s Maple Rum Raisin Ice Cream, softened
How to Make:
- Preheat the oven to 338℉ and grease a loaf pan.
- Make the flax egg by mixing the ground flax seed and water together. Leave to sit for a few minutes until it has thickened.
- In a bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl mash the bananas until smooth, then add the oil and maple syrup. Pour the flax egg into this bowl and add the milk. Mix until well combined.
- Gently pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. There may be some extra batter which you can use to make muffins (bake at 338℉ for 25 minutes) Bake the banana bread for 45 minutes.
- Freeze the banana bread for an hour, slice widthwise into three horizontal layers.
- Line the loaf pan with plastic wrap and place the bottom layer of the bread back into the pan. Top with 2 cups of softened ice cream and spread until you have an even layer. Place the middle slice of banana bread over top and top with the last two cups of ice cream. Then place the top slice on top of the ice cream and cover it in plastic wrap.
- Freeze for 1 hour or overnight. Enjoy!