Pre-Order for Pick-Up at the Uptown Waterloo Scoop Shop.
Try it At Home Tuesday: Blueberry Compote
Fruity compotes are great starter sauces to master. A fun way to preserve summer flavours for as long as possible as the seasons start to change. The best part is you don’t have to use fresh berries if they’re not available, frozen berries will work just fine.
You'll be familiar with this blueberry compote if you’ve ever tried our Sweet Corn and Blueberry, or Blueberry Coconut flavours.
You will need:
- A medium saucepan
- 1 pound fresh or *frozen blueberries
- 2 Tbsp water
- ½ cup of cane sugar (or sugar of your choice)
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
*If using frozen berries, omit the 2 Tbsp water
- With your saucepan on medium high heat, add all ingredients and stir well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Continue to boil for 8-10 minutes, or until mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Serve warm on pancakes, waffles, or our recommendation, ice cream!
Stores in the fridge for 2 weeks.