Pre-Order for Pick-Up at the Uptown Waterloo Scoop Shop.
Honey Citrus Corn Cake
Since it's the season, we're celebrating all things corn! As always, our Honey Citrus Corn Cake is super easy to make and pairs amazingly well with all of our ice creams, especially our Sweet Corn & Blueberry ice cream.
What you need:
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup oil (vegetable oil or melted coconut oil work well)
- 1 cup almond flour (same as almond meal or ground almonds)
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 2 TBSP honey
How to make it:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F
- Oil an 8-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper
- In a mixing bowl or bowl of stand mixer combine all the wet ingredients. Beat with hand mixer or paddle attachment for ~30 seconds or until ingredients are combined.
- Whisk dry ingredients together, then add to wet ingredients. Beat until the batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes, until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the pan and prick the surface all over with a toothpick to allow syrup to absorb into the cake
- While the cake is baking prepare the soaking syrup by combining the orange juice, lime juice and honey together. Stir together until the honey is fully dissolved.
- Pour syrup over the cake and allow the cake to cool completely while still in the cake pan. If possible, allow the syrup to soak in overnight.
- Remove cake from the cake pan. Slice and enjoy with a scoop or two of your favourite ice cream. We recommend our Sweet Corn & Blueberry Ice Cream.